About Bill






Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018


Some Thoughts From Proverbs 3

Proverbs 3:1
1My son, do not forget my teaching,
    but let your heart keep my commandments,
Proverbs 2:1
1 My son, if you receive my words
    and treasure up my commandments with you,

The" teachings" give context to the commandments and the commandments give structure to the teaching. Its only when both are pursued that a balanced, and anything approaching a complete, view of God is received.

In Vs 2 it is the "words" and the commandments. The “words" contain the vital truth of creation, redemption, providence, and election.

The Apostle’s Creed indicates the importance of creation. "I believe in God, maker of heaven and earth”. This ancient confession begins with critical truth of God and man. We are His creation. The creature is at the mercy of the Creator. So we are. If any member of the Trinity is truly God, He is the Creator and therefore absolutely Sovereign. As Adam did not “let” God breathe the life into him, we do not let God do anything.

The commandments are the moral order of the universe. Sin in whatever it is, is the disregard and disobedience to the commandments.

 The Blessed person of Psalm 1 is commended that he delights in the Law and meditates them day and night."  Do not forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net