About Bill






Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018


Some Thoughts From Proverbs 11

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
    but with the humble is wisdom
I Peter 5:5-6
Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

The most beautiful of all graces given to the believer is humility. We're told in Phil. 2:5 the mind we are to have. It is the mind of Christ who though owning the very being of God went to the cross. And we are show humility not only to those who have status, and to those whom it is expected, but to each other. None are too low but who deserve our respect and who we are to consider better than ourselves.

I've only met one man in my life who exemplified this grace. He was a laborer in one of the places where I was employed. He had this witness from a supervisor who both worked with him and supervised him. “I’ve worked with that man closely for 18 years.  I’ve never seen him mad or heard him say one bad word about anyone else”.

How I would be pleased to match that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net