About Bill






Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018


Some Thoughts From Proverbs 30



Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die:
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches;

    feed me with the food that is needful for me,
lest I be full and deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.

The wise states as a believer there are two necessities: one is truthfulness; the other is the supply of his needs. There are at least four plain points of application:
1.      In the social world honesty is primary. And God abominates the liar.
2.      It is not good to be without basic needs.
3.      There is a danger to being rich that makes it ordinarily undesirable.
4.      A believers basic needs are to be the subject of his labor and his prayers.
Christ teaches to pray, “Give us the bread of this day.”
Our needs are to be recognized as certain and timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net