About Bill






Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019


1/22/2019
Jonah 2:9
But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay. Salvation belongs to the Lord!”
Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Jonah “Salvation belongs to the Lord.”
Titus “He saved us”.

These are the confessions of honest believers.  Jonah has absolutely nothing he can contribute to his salvation.  In recognition of this his confession is classic.  If there is salvation, man in his hopeless state can with joy state salvation belongs to God alone.  I got me bad, God can get me good.

Paul in Titus 3:3 states our condition like Jonah with no ability to escape.  Then he notes the adversative, “But there is a deliverer.”  The end is not at the bottom of the sea locked in a prison, but there is a deliverer.

“He saved us.”  There is a world of theology before and behind this, but every delivered soul can say, “He saved me.”  Yes, and billions of others, but He saved me.  I rejoice that there are others past and future.  Yet there is allowed a certain selfishness here, so that I can say, “He saved me”.
I Cor. 1:29, 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net