About Bill






Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2019


4/29/19 

Romans 4:5
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

This is a great Gospel verse.  It is one of my favorites.  As one who has no works; as one whose tears of repentance must be washed in the blood of Christ, I find all the comfort I need in it.

There is a particular that must be recognized and mentioned.  It is the faith that is described.  It is not a general faith in God, although that is important.  It is faith in Jesus Christ as He is presented in the gospel.  “The gospel is the power of God unto salvation”.

We are in the first quarter of the 21st century and it is no different than the fourth quarter of the 1st century.  The citizens of this world still hold to the faith in their works.  But it is to him that can find no ability to do God’s perfect will who can have justification that is perfect and free.

For three years I drove on an interstate highway to my daily destination.  The speed limit was 75 MPH.  But if after 1000 trips I would have driven 80 MPH I would have broken the law and have been without excuse.  So it is, no one is good enough to excuse themselves from being law-breakers.  The worker is condemned.  The believer is justified from his ungodliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net