About Bill






Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2019


8/07/19 

Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

It is both my responsibility and my need to know what the “all things” that I can do are.

1.       I know I can deal with sin in a way which otherwise I could not do through Christ who strengthens me.
A.    This means I can accept God’s forgiveness.
B.     This I realize God’s love is in no way conditioned on my being worth it.
C.     This means I accept responsibility for my behavior.  No one but me, none other is responsible for what I do.
D.    This means I must to my utmost forgive unconditionally.

2.       I can accept III John 2 for myself.  All things I have, do, or expect must serve my “soul prosperity”.
A.    To have this in my life I must consider others better and before myself.
B.     To have this I must give rather than receive.  All that I have with consideration of my family’s needs and my responsibility must be given to God and His church.

3.       I can want to think of others as better than myself.  I can want the mind of Christ to be in me and repent where and when I do not find it.

Therefore:
1.       I will not permit myself to be jealous of the gifts and graces of others.
2.      I will not allow laziness to permit me to fail in my service to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net