About Bill






Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019


8/29/19 

Psalm 73:23-24
Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory.

“Nevertheless”—no matter what the writer has said before.  No matter how damning his confessions are.  No matter where he has wandered in his unbelief.  “Nevertheless” his assurance in God’s unfailing mercy gives him this confession of confidence.
1.       Vs 23  “I am continually with you”.  Romans 8:39.  My failings are never more profound than God’s covenant love.
2.      Vs 23b  “You  hold my hand”.  The hymnist has captured this, “When I am weak, thou are mighty.  O Thou Great Jehovah.”
3.      Vs 24  “You guide me with your counsel.”  I Cor. 1:30, “He is made unto me wisdom”. The saint of God is never left to walk in darkness.  The hand that is held by our great Jehovah is one of leadership.  Rom. 8:14.
4.      Vs 24b  “Afterwards you will receive me to Glory.”  The believer has a true and certain destination.  It is glory.  II Thess. 1:9-10.

“Nevertheless” all this is true and there is a question that is appropriate.  The Psalmist in appreciation for the consequences of the “nevertheless” asks, “Whom have I in heaven?  None but you”.  The one who fills heaven and earth, the Sovereign giver of grace and glory is ours now and forever.  “And there is nothing on earth that I desire.”  And a faulty faith does not annul this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net