About Bill






Pages

Monday, July 15, 2019


7/09/19 

Psalm 40

This Psalm is a Messianic Psalm and of great value in devotional meditation.  Lets look together at some of the helpful truths in it.
1.      Vs 1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
 Our trials in our Christian walk leave us with “waiting patiently for the Lord to incline to us”.  This is not often what we would choose but the deliverance is more than worth the waiting.
2.      Vs 3 I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
  The result of believer’s joy and praise is often given an evangelistic outcome.  Our joy in God’s grace is used for God’s glory; “ never despise the small things.”
3.      Vs 4 Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud,
    to those who go astray after a lie!
   Remembering the “blessed man” from Psalm 1 we can add to his identity that he     steadfastly trusts in God and has no confidence in man to be his deliverer.
4.        Vs 5c  I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.
  We can never use up the witnesses to all of God’s wonders.  When we end we will have only begun to tell of what is, “more than can be told.”
5.        Vs 12  For evils have encompassed me beyond number; my iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see; they are more than the hairs of my head;  my heart fails me.
This verse in a description of Messiah’s trials make us aware and should awake in us wonder at the greatness of the evil He had to overcome.  There is no reason not to take this statement very literally.  For evils have encompassed me without number.”  More than the hairs of my head, my heart fails me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

darlenesf@hughes.net